Junior ITS Administrator
This position is part of KEMP’s Global Information Technology Services department which provides problem resolution and solution delivery for KEMP’s users, infrastructure and resources. This role provides first level support to KEMP employees through KEMP’s ITS Helpdesk ticketing system.
Additional responsibilities include the day to day administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and support for all of KEMP’s internal and external resources and assets. Tasks include but are not limited to end user hardware and software support and maintenance, license tracking, maintaining network documentation, system security and access, data backups, hardware and software upgrades and configurations.
- Monitor, take ownership and manage through to closure, first level internal user support tickets on KEMP’s ITS Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Daily administration and support for all of KEMP’s internal and external resources.
- On-board new employees following established processes for creating employee documentation, internal and external resource account creation, computer and phone assignment, configuration, installation.
- Off-board existing employees following established processes for closing out employee documentation, terminating internal and external resource accounts with data collection, computer and phone collections and reconfiguration for stock.
- Provide on-site and remote hardware and software installations, upgrades, diagnostics and troubleshooting support.
- Support video conferencing solutions in conference rooms and with end users.
- Assist with backup and recovery duties for all of KEMP’s resources and data.
- Produce and publish on SharePoint end user self-help ITS reference and training. material along with ITS internal process documentation.
- Maintain ITS documentation on hardware, software and licensing inventories.
- Coordinate and prepare the shipping and receiving of IT equipment between KEMP locations and to remote users.
- Perform project work and tasks as assigned by the ITS Director.
- Minimum one to three (1-3) years of experience in the IT field required.
- Administration knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, including the following online services; SharePoint, Exchange, Yammer, Azure AD, productivity software and tools.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Hands on experience with installing, configuring and troubleshooting IT software packages and hardware including computers, servers and networking equipment.
- Possess highly effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while managing and prioritizing time effectively.
- Possess effective troubleshooting techniques and methodology with creative problem-solving abilities for providing problem resolution to support issues.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux, server and desktop Operating Systems.
- Understanding of backup and recovery methodologies and software.
- Associate degree in Information Technologies or related field.
- Vendor technical certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, AWS or CompTIA.
TRAVEL/ PHYSICAL DEMAND
- This position may require the handling of equipment weighing up to 50lbs
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, comprehensive medical benefits, retirement plan, wellness reimbursement and tuition reimbursement. Advancing your career in KEMP is made possible by our company culture of continual growth and career development opportunities. We also know it’s the little things that matter most, so free snacks and beverages are also available during the day. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative and creative working environment for all levels of our organization, where our employees can contribute to our planning, decision making and processes as part of our open culture.