Software Developer - Full Stack
We are looking for a competent and passionate software developer with full stack capabilities and proficiency in both front and back-end development activities, to join our engineering team on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will report to the R&D Manager
JOB GOALS / EXPECTATIONS
In Kemp, you will have the opportunity to gain extensive experience and build knowledge across a broad spectrum of technologies. You will be passionate about developing end to end solutions and solving new problems that arise from business needs and evolving products. You will be highly motivated, detail oriented and technically savvy. You will work collaboratively within the development team and be able to engage with technical leads and the UX designer when required. You will have full software development life cycle knowledge and experience. You will be comfortable in translating requirements into design and implementing full stack software with quality inherent to all deliverables. While you will have a deep appreciation for end to end capability, UI design and UX will influence your design and implementation decisions. You will be driven to achieve goals, deliver on time with quality and take the opportunity to learn and grow within a fast-paced team.
- Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Work closely with the software architect and UX designer to develop and implement their designs.
- Evaluating requirements, in collaboration with product owner and team members.
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills and team player.
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrates design (look and feel)
- Conduct layout/navigation adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
- Take responsibility for and own the entire feature implementation (back-end/front-end)
- Identify and correct flawed and outdated software or software systems frameworks and tools.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Mentor junior team members
Good time-management skills
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of Angular 1.x
- Excellent knowledge of HTML/CSS/Bootstrap
- Strong Python programming
- Deep understanding of MVC
- Good knowledge and understanding of Django framework
- Strong Knowledge of relational databases (i.e. MySQL)
- Exposure to non-relational databases (i.e. Influx, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Exposure and understanding of the main cloud environment (Azure/AWS)
- Good Linux/Unix Shell scripting skills
- Knowledge of Linux as a development platform
- An enthusiasm & desire for learning new skills and technologies with the ability to adapt quickly
- Working knowledge of tools like Jira, svn, git, Aha!
- Agile methodologies – ideally Scrum
- Experience working with global teams.
- AJAX, JSON, Redux, ReactJS, NodeJS, grunt, d3.js
- Web Services
- Cloud Platforms and Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, KVM)
Appropriate Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in terms of industry experience.
We value our employee’s commitment to Kemps success; hence we reward our employees with a competitive and extensive benefits package. Benefits include paid time off, paid company holidays, comprehensive medical benefits, retirement plan and wellness reimbursement. Advancing your career in KEMP is made possible by our company culture of continual growth and career development opportunities. We also know it’s the little things that matter most, so free snacks and beverages are also available during the day. If you want to learn more about Kemps collaborative, innovative and creative working environment then please apply online now!