Instructional Designer (Fixed Term Contract)
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the day-to-day activities that are required to ensure that technical knowledge within KEMP is created, maintained and disseminated in a fit-for-purpose fashion.
This is a 9 month fixed term contract based in KEMP's Limerick office.
- The Instructional Designer is responsible for ensuring that eLearning courses, within the scope of the Knowledge Management team, are created when required, maintained and published through the correct medium.
- In conjunction with the Knowledge Management Manager, the Instructional Designer must ensure that all eLearning course deliveries are timely, comprehensive, technically accurate, and of the highest quality.
- The Instructional Designer should constantly strive to ensure that the processes and tools used within the Knowledge Management group are of the highest standards and that they are adhered to.
- Assist in planning, developing, and delivering high quality eLearning courses to agreed time schedules that are consistent in style, presentation, and product messaging.
- Create training materials that meet best practice instructional design principles and customer requirements
- Review other Instructional Designer’s content and provide feedback.
- Gather eLearning course requirements from the relevant stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Collaborate with various functional teams to obtain the required information to produce technically accurate eLearning courses.
- Verify that eLearning courses are correct by reviewing with SMEs.
- Generate eLearning courses in the relevant formats.
- Attend and participate in various scrum meetings such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.
- Third level qualification in one or more of the following: Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, eLearning, or related discipline.
- 4+ years’ experience of eLearning development in a software development environment.
- Fluent English speaker with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of Articulate 360 products , especially Articulate Storyline 360.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent technical comprehension, with an ability to explain abstract subjects with ease.
- Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines with effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of other applications such as, Camtasia, Microsoft Visio, Jira, GitLab etc. would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Graphical Design methodologies and tools would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems such as Docebo would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in Technical Writing would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Scrum development methodologies.
- This position is primarily office based within the Limerick office
- Some travel may be required occasionally
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, comprehensive medical benefits, retirement plan, wellness reimbursement and tuition reimbursement. Advancing your career in KEMP is made possible by our company culture of continual growth and career development opportunities. We also know it’s the little things that matter most, so free snacks and beverages are also available during the day. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative and creative working environment for all levels of our organization, where our employees can contribute to our planning, decision making and processes as part of our open culture.