Lead Frontend/UI Developer
JOB GOAL / EXPECTATIONS
The UI and UX you design and create will enrich our customers lives in a delightful and elegant way.
You will work closely with development teams, product owners, cross product architects and other business stakeholders to conceptualize, prototype and design a rich product experience that excels and delights our customers. You are expected to craft unique and iconic UI/UX that is engaging but effortless.
Excellent communication skills are paramount, and you will be capable of interfacing and collaborating across different product development groups and departments, such as the Technical Design Board, Technical Product Management and Product Line Management.
This is a senior position within the R&D organization. While this is a hands-on development position, you will play a central and essential role in architectural and technological decisions while also contributing actively to team development, technical leadership, and mentoring.
- Collaborate with Development Teams, UX Designer, Technical Product Management and Product Line Management to understand business goals and objectives
- Architect and develop with an Enterprise mindset
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Test for intuitiveness and user experience
- Develop technical designs and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centric solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Be decisive and autonomous in producing high quality deliverables
- Create interactive prototypes to quickly validate concepts with the team and the stakeholders.
- Bring a strong sense of visual design skills to craft high fidelity, production ready designs.
- Collaborate with developers, QA and other stakeholders during implementation phase to ensure the product meets design intent and quality standards.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to less experienced members of the team
- Be the authority in relation to the selection and use of best in class frameworks & technology
- Drive process improvements, quality standards and skills development where required
- Computer Science degree or equivalent degree or experience
- 10+ years of UI/UX development work experience
- Expert level UI/UX experience
- Enterprise scale architecture and development experience
- Public and Private Cloud Infrastructures
- Up to date on new and evolving technologies, frameworks and trends
- Linux as a development platform
- An enthusiasm & desire for learning new skills and technologies with the ability to adapt quickly
- Working knowledge of tools like Jira, svn, git, Aha!
- Agile methodologies – ideally Scrum
- Experience working with global teams.
- AJAX, JSON, Redux, ReactJS, NodeJS, grunt, d3.js
- Automation, CI/CD
- Web Services
- mysql, influxdb
- Full Stack Development
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, comprehensive medical benefits, retirement plan, wellness reimbursement and tuition reimbursement. Advancing your career in Kemp is made possible by our company culture of continual growth and career development opportunities. We also know it’s the little things that matter most, so free snacks and beverages are also available during the day. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative and creative working environment for all levels of our organization, where our employees can contribute to our planning, decision making and processes as part of our open culture.