Junior Network Support Engineer, US
In a collaborative environment, the Junior Network Support Engineer provides technical assistance for KEMP’s LoadMaster family of products to customers and partners. Engineers are expected to provide accurate support for a wide range of topics including configuration, troubleshooting, traffic analysis, and application delivery. Technical support is delivered by phone, email and through remote screen sharing tools using a variety of troubleshooting tools and techniques. Engineers are required to follow through on technical issues until they are resolved.
All engineers are required to provide professional written and verbal communication to customers within expected service level response times.
- Provide Tier 1 – Tier 2 technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on LoadMaster devices. Using: application protocols including HTTP, SMTP, DNS, FTP and SNMP, and tools such as VMware, Xen or Hyper-V virtualization environments.
- Appropriately, effectively and proactively communicate case statuses, plans of action and technical information to internal departments and external customers.
- Generate clear and concise internal documentation in the form of case notes and technical notes.
- Maintain and improve KEMP’s excellent customer support.
- In-depth knowledge of networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP.Excellent troubleshooting, analysis and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must be able to collaborate with others and work well in a team.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Ability to relay technical information to customers with varying skill levels.
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- BS degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of TCP/IP, including such topics as HTTP headers, OSI layers and TCP flags/parameters.
- Layered Networking
- Knowledge in at least one of the following web and application servers (Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, IIS)
- Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Lync experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience and Intermediate-level knowledge with network devices (routers, switches, etc.).
- Intermediate-level knowledge of SSL, and DNS.
- Technical Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, MCSE or VCP are advantageous but not required.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, comprehensive medical benefits, retirement plan, wellness reimbursement and tuition reimbursement. Advancing your career in KEMP is made possible by our company culture of continual growth and career development opportunities. We also know it’s the little things that matter most, so free snacks and beverages are also available during the day. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative and creative working environment for all levels of our organization, where our employees can contribute to our planning, decision making and processes as part of our open culture.