Kemp is looking for a Junior Accountant responsible for a variety of accounting activities within the finance department including but not limited to accounts payable, general ledger maintenance, account reconciliations, and travel and entertainment review and tracking. Working in a team environment, the individual will also contribute to overall office support and administration.
This position requires someone who is detail oriented, comfortable working with numbers and well-versed in accounting principles and internal control standards. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and dynamic team player who is able to meet the demands of a growing business environment utilizing strong accounting knowledge, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success.
- Process vendor invoices using the appropriate GL and cost center in the Finance ERP system (NAV)
- Prepare weekly payable reports and enter ACHs, wires and checks for payment
- Process expense reports and ensure corporate T&E policies are adhered to
- Close corporate credit cards at month end and post payment journals within deadline
- Administer T&E system ensuring accuracy with new user set up and approval structure
- Review and approve employee travel reservations on Company travel portal
- Respond and resolve promptly and professionally to external and internal inquiries
- Process customer orders and assist accounts receivable and Operations Manager, as necessary, including validating purchase orders and POS reports to ensure proper pricing, discounts and terms
- Participate in month-end closing processes including accounts payable reconciliation, bank reconciliation, and other financial management reports and ad hoc analysis
- Cooperate and provide support to the internal and external auditors as needed
- Assist in annual 1099 filing
- Assist the Corporate Controller with monthly financial statement preparation
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 1+ years of accounting and/or accounts payable experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, including but not limited to creating pivot tables, graphs and charts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Navision or other Finance ERP system
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, comprehensive medical benefits, retirement plan, wellness reimbursement and tuition reimbursement. Advancing your career in Kemp is made possible by our company culture of continual growth and career development opportunities. We also know it’s the little things that matter most, so free snacks and beverages are also available during the day. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative and creative working environment for all levels of our organization, where our employees can contribute to our planning, decision making and processes as part of our open culture.