Front End (UI) Developer
- Develop and evolve our flag ship product front end software
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers/owners and engineers.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, graphs and widgets.
- Excellent cross-functional communicator and team player. Will need to partner extensively with Product Management and Product Development teams
- Demonstrate passion for creating successful software products. Track record of rolling out efficient User Interfaces and software systems that delight our customers.
- Drive processes to identify and correct flawed and outdated software or software systems frameworks and tools.
- Embody and role-model our core values and culture that inspires our engineers to want to excel.
- Foster a software front end (UI) excellence mindset.
- Own the design and take responsibility for our product user interface.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like.
- Conduct layout/navigation adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
- Very strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Good time-management skills
- Willingness and ability to share and disseminate knowledge to colleagues and team members
- Work closely with a UX designer to develop and implement their designs
- Strong working knowledge and experience of Angular 1.n
- Excellent knowledge of HTML/CSS/Bootstrap
- Git or similar version control experience
- Three to five years’ experience in UI development
- Demonstrated track record as a strategic thinker, creative problem solver and solutions provider.
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- An unwavering commitment to personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to persuade and gain the commitment of others to accept a point of view, adopt a specific direction, or take a course of action.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Front End unit testing experience
- Knowledge of the following; D3.js, Bower, Grunt, Typescript and Less
- REST (API) knowledge
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Networking (TCP/IP)
- Scrum/Agile methodologies