Network Support Engineer, APAC
Open, innovative, hungry, dedicated, fun – these are some of the words employees use to describe our culture. Are you looking for a new opportunity in a progressive and collaborative team-based environment which will allow you to influence and drive change within the technology sector - then KEMP is the place for you! By combining emerging technologies and flexible consumption models, we are changing modern enterprises and service providers that are building cloud-enabled application delivery infrastructures.
We are looking for an experienced and customer focused Network Support Engineer to help in our APAC Support Centre in Singapore.
As a Network Support Engineer, you are expected to be independent but also work within a team of skilled and experienced engineers. This is to provide world-class assistance for KEMP’s Load Balancer family of products to our customers and partners. Engineers will provide accurate support for a wide range of topics including configuration, troubleshooting, traffic analysis, and application delivery.
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to further develop their technical skills and learn top class techniques by working with modern Global IT Enterprise environments.
- Provide customer and partner support for KEMP’s Application Delivery Solutions portfolio and the applications it supports
- Effectively and proactively communicate case statuses, plans of action and technical information to customers, partners and internal teams
- Maintain and improve KEMP’s excellent customer support record
- Actively learn and participate in training on KEMP Application Delivery solutions and related technologies
- Perform additional related projects as requested
- Work occasionally on public holidays
- 2 - 3 years' experience in a Technical Support Role, working with relevant technologies
- Technical knowledge of TCP/IP & Networking, including such topics as HTTP headers, OSI layers and TCP flags/parameters
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology to support key regions within APAC including but not limited to China, Australia, India, Hong Kong and ASEAN countries
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis and creative problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Must be able to relay technical information to customers with varying skill levels
- Demonstrated experience and expert-level knowledge with network devices (routers, switches, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Knowledge of application protocols including HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP, DNS, FTP and SNMP.
- Technical Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, MCSE or VCP are advantageous but not required.
- Experience with VMware, Xen or Hyper-V virtualization environments.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Skype For Business.
- Knowledge in at least one of the following web and application servers (Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, IIS).
- AWS & Azure Cloud Solutions experience is desirable.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, comprehensive medical benefits, retirement plan, wellness reimbursement and tuition reimbursement. Advancing your career in KEMP is made possible by our company culture of continual growth and career development opportunities. We also know it’s the little things that matter most, so free snacks and beverages are also available during the day. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative and creative working environment for all levels of our organization, where our employees can contribute to our planning, decision making and processes as part of our open culture.