Looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant responsible for managing daily accounting/sales tasks including order processing, accounts receivable, maintaining and reconciling accounts, and preparing reports, in addition to overall office support and administration.
The Junior Accountant will be well-versed in accounting principles and be able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall operation of the finance department in addition to various other tasks assigned. The ideal candidate will be expected to demonstrate commitment, energy and an ability to work as an enthusiastic team member in accordance with KEMP’s office routines and procedures.
- Process orders from customers including validating purchase orders and POS reports to ensure proper pricing, discounts and terms, updating Salesforce, provisioning the Front-End System (ALSI) and posting the orders in the Finance ERP system (NAV)
- Extract sales figures from NAV and report results to the Executive Management Team daily
- Analyze sales transaction and support activities and identify, collaborate, and correct accounting related issues daily
- Monitor support activities and ensure proper internal control is maintained over ALSI
- Support the monthly commissions process by reconciling NAV to Salesforce monthly and identifying and recording additional incentives daily
- Process corporate credit card expense reports and ensure Corporate T&E policies are adhered to
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts, post journal entries and analyze balance sheet accounts monthly to identify unexpected variances from prior periods
- Cooperate and provide support to the internal and external auditors as needed
- Assist the Corporate Controller with monthly financial statement preparation
- Prepare month end closing, financial management reports and ad hoc analysis and ensure deadlines are met
- Other office responsibilities, including tracking and ensuring supply orders are met within predetermined budgetary spending
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA and / or MBA track a plus)
- 1+ years of accounting experience
- General accounting/math and reporting skills, thoroughness and quality focus
- Exposure to Accounting, Finance ERP, Front-End Licensing and/or CRM software (Experience with NAV, Salesforce and / or ALSI a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with related parties
- Detail oriented, track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, including but not limited to creating pivot tables, graphs and charts
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) vesting from day one, commuter benefits, wellness reimbursement and tuition reimbursement. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, complete with free snacks and beverages all day long, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture, starting with executive team and going across the entire organization.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!