Network Support Engineer
In a collaborative environment, the Network Support Engineer (NSE) provides technical assistance for KEMP’s LoadMaster and LoadMaster GEO products to customers and partners. NSEs are expected to provide accurate support for a wide range of topics including configuration, troubleshooting, traffic analysis and application integration.
Support is delivered by phone, email and through remote screen sharing tools using a variety of troubleshooting tools and techniques. Engineers are required to follow through on technical issues until they are resolved. All NSEs are required to provide professional written and verbal communication to customers within expected service level response times.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 11:30am-8:00pm, 12:00pm-8:30pm, or 12:30pm-9:00pm.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on LoadMaster devices. Using: application protocols including HTTP, SMTP, DNS, FTP and SNMP, and tools such as VMware, Xen or Hyper-V virtualization environments
- Appropriately, effectively and proactively communicate case statuses, plans of action and technical information to internal departments and external customers
- Generate clear and concise internal documentation in the form of case notes and technical notes
- Maintain and improve KEMP’s excellent customer support record
- Participate in an on-call Rota
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a network technology environment
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis and creative problem-solving abilities
- Read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Must be able to collaborate with others and work well in a team
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to relay technical information to customers with varying skill levels
- In-depth knowledge of networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Lync experience is desirable
- Technical Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, MCSE or VCP5 are advantageous but not required
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, paid company holidays, comprehensive medical benefits, retirement plan, wellness reimbursement and tuition reimbursement. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, complete with free snacks and beverages all day long, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture, starting with executive team and going across the entire organization.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!